It is necessary in today’s employment environment to conduct policies and practices in a legally constructive manner. Managing people to produce best practice in delivering products or services requires an awareness of the implications of the legislation affecting the Employer/Employee/Customer relationship.
This workshop will examine the following major aspects of the Employer/Employee relationship and illustrate the practical application of the legislation affecting the various aspects of this relationship.
• Recruitment and Employee selection
• Training, Induction/Orientation, Job Instruction
• Performance Management
• Performance or behavioural problems: informal and formal disciplinary procedures
Legislation, such as the following, will be discussed in relation to the above procedures (or any issue which may be of particular interest to participants).
• Employment Relations Act
• Privacy Act
• Fair Trading Act
• Human Rights Act
• Health and Safety in Employment Act
• Holidays Act
• Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act
• Minimum Wage Act
• Accident, Rehabilitation and Compensation Insurance Act
• Consumer Guarantees Act