To develop in all people the interpersonal skills required to relate more successfully with their staff, colleagues and customers. This workshop will also help improve one-to-one communication skills such as coaching, counselling and conflict handling.
Those who need to relate more successfully with and to their staff, colleagues and customers.
• What can affect an individual on a day to day basis and how that alters their communication
• The communication process
• Verbal and non-verbal skills
• Reading the situation both verbally and visually to ensure communication is effective
• The dangers of stereotyping/pigeon holing people.
• Recognising barriers to communication and how to overcome them
• Understanding cultural differences – we all have our own culture
• Perception – why and how people misinterpret messages
• How to resolve this situation
• What is active listening for real and how do we do it?
• Giving and receiving feedback in a professional manner
• How not to take feedback on a personal level
• Dealing with conflict
• Managing your own emotional state so that you remain professional