To give the board a better understanding of how effective Governance should work.
• The concept and purpose of governance
• The role of the board
• Director’s responsibilities
• Models and theories of governance
• Common governance challenges and issues
• The number of board members
• Board member tenure
• Should staff serve on the board?
• Working boards – when there are few or no staff
• Board leadership through tough times
• When the board needs to step in and take over some management functions
• Board committees
• Ownership and membership
• Legal frameworks
• Constitutions, rules and trust deeds