To give participants the skills and techniques to improve the standard of business correspondence and reports. Appreciate the values of correctness, conciseness and clarity in achieving effective written communication. Reduce common errors that detract from the effectiveness of letters and reports.
- Elements of written communication – words, grammar and punctuation
- Structure of letters, reports, memos
- Effective design and execution
- Using words that are precise and eliminate the padding
- Practical exercises
- Modem concepts in written communication
Participants may bring sample (non sensitive) letters from their work to the workshop for discussion.
Some comments from previous Business Writing workshop participants
“I will use all the information that I have received today every time I write a letter”
“It was very thought provoking”
“Given good tools to structure correspondence reports”