Management is a profession as well!
With the promotion from the “ranks” to the Management role, additional skills are required to provide leadership and to manage staff to build a positive work environment.
• Managing friends and former peers
• Professionalism & gaining respect
• Legislation – what is it and identifying what is relevant
• How to turn discipline into a positive experience
• Learning to let go
• How to identify your team values for staff selection
• How to gain buy-in
• The 9 building blocks for building an effective team
• Develop team commitment and co-operation
• The 5 golden rules for effective management
• Personal organisation and time management
• The 4 leadership styles
• Adapting your leadership style to suit different situations
• Understanding differences in other people
• How to reduce conflict
• Communication – why is it sometimes so difficult?
• Methods to provide clear cut instructions
• Creating good habits to develop your listening skills