Managing Performance – An everyday process
If You Manage Performance, Then You Don’t Have to Performance Manage
To give Team Leaders, Supervisors, all Managers the skills to provide constructive feedback to staff in a manner which maintains respect for the individual and obtains the desired outcome for the Team Leader/Manager.
• Working from the Consciously Competent mode.
• The initial approach… Accusation or Exploration?
• Identifying and utilising the correct communication style for the specific individual.
• Why we should not compare people to people.
• The importance of using metricated communication.
• The importance of introducing SMART in our communication.
• The importance of following up on your communication to ensure understanding.
• When and how frequently should we follow up?
• Evaluating whether the issue is performance or behaviour
• The importance of managing performance to avoid performance management