To give Team Leaders, Managers and Supervisors a better understanding of their roles in management. Designed for people who have been assessed by their employer as having potential for further development.
• The changing role of the Manager/Team Leader
• The needs of today’s Manager/Team Leader
• The nine building blocks for building an effective team
• Managing and developing strong team performance
• Developing team commitment and co-operation
• How to get “buy in” and develop enthusiastic staff
• The 4 leadership styles of an effective leader
• The difference between Leadership and Management
• When should we lead and when should we manage?
• Why do we need both qualities?
• How to become assertive without aggression
• Gaining respect