It is necessary in today’s employment environment to conduct policies and practices in a legally defensible manner. Managing people to produce best practice in delivering products or services requires an awareness of the implications of the legislation affecting the employer/employee relationship.
This workshop will examine the following major aspects of the employer/employee relationship and illustrate the practical application of the legislation affecting the various aspects of this relationship.
- Recruitment and employee selection
- Training, Induction/Orientation, Job Instruction
- Performance Management
- Performance or behavioural problems: informal and formal disciplinary procedures
Legislation, such as the following, will be discussed in relation to the above procedures (or any issue which may be of particular interest to participants).
- Employment Relations Act
- Privacy Act
- Fair Trading Act
- Human Rights Act
- Health and Safety in Employment Act
- Holidays Act
- Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act
- Minimum Wage Act
- Accident, Rehabilitation and Compensation Insurance Act