A fact of business life – the need to develop your client base. Finding and contacting new customers is not the same as dealing with existing clients and some people find it quite daunting
- Why do we have to cold call at all?
- What does it take to sell at this level?
- The difference between cold calling and selling to existing customers
- Why does it bother some people?
- The vital qualities you will need to ensure success
- Understanding the fear factor and overcoming it
- Where to get the leads from
- Combining cold calling with mail shots
- Who should you be selling to?
- How many calls should you/can you make?
- The timing of your calls
- The structure of the call – keeps you in control and on track, and effective
- Effective probing – essential on a cold call
- Coping with objections and closing the cold call
- Keeping quality records